Extraordinary things happen when we open ourselves to new ways of looking at life and to the power of something bigger than us, whether that be the Universe, God, Spirit, Nature, etc. I had one such experience this week during a Reiki training.
I gave my first Reiki Level 1 training and it was amazing for me and my mom, who was the client I attuned and who gave her blessing to share this. The very best and most inspiring part happened at the end, my mom wanted a video for reference on how to give a short Reiki session in a chair. I opened my computer, typed Reiki chair session in the search bar and then clicked on the first link. A video began to play and my mom and I both gasped when we saw that the name of the Reiki Master in the video was the same as her mother’s, my grandma who had passed many years ago! We paused the video to collect ourselves and pick our jaws up off of the floor. As we processed what happened, we both said it could be a crazy coincidence or it could be an awesome sign that her mom is still with her in some way.
Miracles or extraordinary occurrences happen to us every day, it is up to us to pay attention to or ignore them and to accept or discount them. From my experience, life is so much more enjoyable when I pay attention to and accept those magical moments. And isn’t that the point, more enjoyment, more inspiration and more fun?!
Here are some ways I’m tuning in and opening myself to fantastic events:
- Make time for moments of quiet and stillness
- Listen to and trust your gut instincts or intuition
- Practice getting comfortable with the idea that not everything needs a rational explanation
- Experiment with listening to your heart rather than your head
- Treat each moment as new (you may have read this before from me and it’s applicable yet again, be open to new ways of interpreting and experiencing)
- Spend time with people who are open to and accepting of new ways of interpreting things that happen
As always, I’d love to hear from you! What extraordinary occurrences are you enjoying and how do you tap into them? If you’d like support to live authentically, to fuel your body in a positive way and to release stuck energy, then I’d love to chat with you about Reset, Refuel & Rebalance, my signature coaching program that incorporates mindset and nutrition coaching and Reiki.